What if you have a special offer for past clients? Having the past client folders is helpful for that, as well as having them broken out by genre. I have separate branding for my pet and family divisions, but even if I didn’t I may have great pet information that I want to get to my pet clients only. By separating them through the year I can target specific years for certain promotions. I may choose to offer digital files to those clients from three years ago before I purge my files, if I already have a list created it takes me 30 seconds. If I need to go through my files and pick out each 2009 client it may take quite a bit of time.
Email marketing is one of the easiest ways to stay in touch with people that have already used your services or have expressed some sort of interest in your business. This list is GOLD, treat it well. A monthly or quarterly newsletter is a great way to keep them up to speed with the latest news and opportunities from your studio. I highly recommend that you take the time to make email marketing heartfelt and personal. Let a little bit of your personality shine through as that will help potential clients connect with you on a deeper level and it will feel less sales-y.
Successful email marketing should contain:
1. An attention-grabbing title. Would you rather open the “spring 2013 newsletter” or “Opportunities to create custom wall art”. You can experiment by sending the same newsletter to two different lists but simply change the title to see which has a higher open rate.
2. Use your newsletter as a way to build your relationship with your clients, not simply focus on making a sale.
3. Add a call to action in your email.
There are many different email marketing companies out there but I am using Flodesk and I couldn’t be happier with them. The software is incredibly easy to use and allows you to make custom emails that match your branding in minutes. If you want to save 50% on your Flodesk subscription, use this link.
Are you ready to connect with 13,000+ pet photographers from all over the world? Join us in the Hair of the Dog Podcast Community - a community created for working and aspiring professional pet photographers.
- Using an Expo Disc To Custom Set The White Balance - September 18, 2020
- How To Easily Remove Color Cast In Photoshop - September 18, 2020
- How to Calibrate Your Monitor Using the SpyderX Elite - September 18, 2020