We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #065
Date Published: 05/04/2021
Episode Length: 50:04
065 – This week my guest is J. Nichole Smith (Nic, for short) who specializes in what she calls “whyfinding.” Drawing on her past experience as both a pet photographer and retail brand co-founder, along with lessons from a marketing master's degree, Nic helps entrepreneurs uncover their true purpose and transform their gifts into successful brands—in both the pet space and beyond.
She's also spent a lifetime obsessed with color, of all things. Our conversation flows from conscious capitalism to applied color psychology to discovering your “legacy work.” It's a meaty one this week!
What To Listen For:
- The surprising source of most people's deeper purpose
- What you're actually selling as an entrepreneur (hint: it's not pet photos)
- How your business succeeds or fails in just 8-15 seconds
- What to do about the mixed messages your website is probably sending
- The 3 most important elements for creating an instant emotional connection
- How to determine your brand's color personality…and why it matters
Plus, hear it here first, folks: In this episode, I reveal the incredibly exciting new direction of my own life's purpose!!
Resources From This Episode:
- Color Personality Quiz
- J. Nichole Smith: Building Brands that Matter on Facebook
- Working With Dog on Facebook
- Nichole's Instagram
- Million-Dollar Dog Brand
- Episode 43: Website Copy for the Win, with Kim Wishcamper
- Hair of the Dog Academy (registration opens soon—get on the waitlist!)
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate coaching program
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD