We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #079
Date Published: 06/22/2021
Episode Length: 28:16
079 – Welcome, welcome! Today I'm kicking off a six-week solo series covering the six pillars of your pet photography business. Whether you're just getting started, or your business was thrown together like a Pinterest-fail DIY shelving unit, this series will help.
This week I'm talking you through the legal and administrative side of things, which admittedly isn't the most exciting part of pet photography. But getting this stuff sorted out means the bedrock of your business will be solid. Don't skip it!!
What To Listen For:
- The biggest legal mistake Nicole made when starting out
- How to avoid getting walloped by the self-employment tax
- The pros and cons of using your personal name in your business name
- Which insurance coverage to choose for full protection
- How to form an LLC (it's easier than it sounds!)
- The EIN-related scam to steer clear of
No need to take notes as you listen; keep your hands free for driving or dog-petting, and simply DOWNLOAD THIS FREE CHECKLIST as a reference.
Resources From This Episode:
- Checklist of legal/admin to-dos
- Profit First, by Mike Michalowicz
- The LawTog's Pet Photography Contract Bundle
- Quickbooks accounting software
- Wave accounting software (it's free!)
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate coaching program
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD