We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #017
Date Published: 06/09/2020
Episode Length: 50:47
If you've been in the pet photography world for any length of time, you're no doubt familiar with the amazing Charlotte Reeves, an award-winning dog photographer and educator based in sunny Brisbane, Australia.
A master of working with natural light, Charlotte joins me in this week's episode to talk about choosing session locations, making the most out of them, and why we'll all want to move to Queensland after listening to this episode. (Kidding! You won't need to, cause you'll learn to uncover amazing locations right in your own backyard.)
What To Listen For:
- How where you live affects your shooting style
- Tips for discovering awesome new photography locations in your market
- The importance of a location guide in helping clients understand what to expect
- How much variety you need in a location, and how to make the most of what's there
- An exercise to stretch your creative muscles and work on shooting more variety
Episode bonus: Through the end of June, Charlotte's fantastic Working with Natural Light foundation course is available for Hair of the Dog listeners at half price! Use the code HODpodcast to save yourself fifty bucks, and learn the fundamentals of light that will elevate your work and guide your session flow.
Resources From This Episode:
- Charlotte Reeves Photography
- Learn Pet Photography (home of RealShoots, the daily tip series and so much more)
- Working With Natural Light course (don't forget the HODpodcast code!)
- Toggl, Harvest and Sunseeker apps
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD