We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: 038
Date Published: 11/03/2020
Episode Length: 41:30
038 – Once you've established your pet photography business, the idea of starting over in a new market can be daunting. But fear not, mobile photogs: It's not as tough as you might imagine!
In this episode, I talk with Allison Shamrell about her cross-country move to San Diego, and what went into establishing herself as one of the city's most successful photographers. We also discuss the ins and outs of finding studio space for your business, including the one question you must ask before signing a lease.
What To Listen For:
- Common fears and misconceptions when moving your business
- How to establish yourself in a new market, even before you arrive
- Ideas for location scouting when you're not familiar with an area
- The difference between “awareness marketing” and “make-the-phone-ring” marketing
- What to look for in a studio space (and what to avoid)
Whether there's a move in your future or not, you'll want to listen this week as we cover ground from market research to relationship-building to the free software I'm obsessed with (and you will be, too!).
Resources From This Episode:
- Allison Shamrell Photography
- Allison Shamrell Photography on Facebook
- Allison's Instagram
- Professional Pooch
- Trello & Monday (organizational tools)
- Flourish Academy on Facebook
- Heather's Instagram
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD