We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE ON SPOTIFY
Podcast Episode Number: #054
Date Published: 02/23/2021
Episode Length: 42:05
If you haven't yet gotten the call, you surely will at some point. Someone's beloved pet is nearing the end of his life; maybe they've just received a terminal diagnosis. You agree to a portrait session, hang up the phone…and panic. How on earth will you make it through such an emotionally charged session?
Grief-recovery specialist Wendy Sloneker is my guest on this week's episode. Drawing on her 40 years of experience in the field, Wendy offers sage advice on showing up for your clients during their most difficult hours.
What To Listen For:
- Questions and listening techniques to connect empathetically with clients
- Deep thoughts on accepting money for your end-of-life sessions
- How to handle the sales session if a pet has already passed
- Specific products to offer pet parents from these shoots
To further prepare—or help heal your own broken heart—get your hands on Wendy's Grief Recovery Handbook for Pet Loss. She's generously giving away four copies, and you can throw your hat in the ring by following The SugarFace Network on social (links below).
Resources From This Episode:
- Heart Healing from Loss
- Heart Healing from Loss on Twitter
- The SugarFace Network on Twitter
- The SugarFace Network on Instagram
- HOD Episode 29: Unique Handcrafted Products with Mandi Pratt
- Surviving Death docu-series
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Resources from this episode: