We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #055
Date Published: 03/02/2021
Episode Length: 42:23
055 – Travis Patenaude's “why” is as clear and powerful as that of any pet photographer I've met.
You might know Travis from his striking studio portraits of Spanish Galgos, a hunting breed with a history of maltreatment. It's possible his award-winning image “Saying Goodbye” wrung some tears from your eyes.
This week, Travis shares not only what motivates his pet photography work, but also how he went from absolute beginner to masterful artist. Don't be fooled by the gruff Chicago accent; there’s a whole lotta love behind the Stink Eye brand! It's an inspiring episode, and I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as I did.
What To Listen For:
- The most valuable advice Travis got when he was just starting out
- A common photography “quicksand area”—and how to avoid it
- What you can learn from Travis's methodical approach to mastering Photoshop
- How to dodge the burnout bullet in your business
- The one single action that resolved his biggest stylistic issue
Resources From This Episode:
- Stink Eye Photography
- Stink Eye Photography on Facebook
- Travis's Instagram
- Travis's award-winning image “Saying Goodbye”
- HOD Podcast, Episode 52 – Print Competition Demystified with Lisa Asp
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD