We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #015
Date Published: 05/26/2020
Episode Length: 37:27
One soft, squishy golden retriever pup was all it took for Kim Hartz to abandon a promising career start as a food and general portrait photographer. Fast-forward ten years and Kim not only specializes in pets, but she's also the educator behind the much-loved Pet Photography EDU, a technical course nested within the Hair of the Dog Academy.
In today's episode, Kim joins me to talk about client inquiries, branding, and how to reliably turn leads into sales.
What To Listen For:
- The $18,000 mistake Kim made when first starting her business
- The value in having a sounding board outside the photography industry
- Why you should require a phone number from every new lead
- A common error pet photographers make in thinking about their target market
According to gazillionaire Jeff Bezos, “Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the room.” Kim's advice in this episode might not lead to Bezos-style bucks, but it will help ensure that your every client interaction reinforces the positive branding message you need to make it big!
Resources From This Episode:
- Kim Hartz Photography
- Kim Hartz Consulting
- Hair of the Dog Academy FREE pricing masterclass
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD