We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #026
Date Published: 08/11/2020
Episode Length: 35:28
026 – Working in the construction industry never felt like a calling for Carol Moorhead, but it did offer a sense of security during her child-rearing decades. With those years finally behind her, Carol parlayed a lifelong photography hobby into an inspired new career—and then moved across the country to start over yet again! In this week's episode, Carol shares the wisdom she's learned along the way, and offers her advice for other creative types contemplating a career change.
What To Listen For:
- How an exercise called mind-mapping can bring clarity to your path
- The important role that your “starter brand” plays
- Why it doesn't matter if you're the most talented pet photographer around
- Ways to connect with your community—even if they're not where you live
Those of us whose careers began in the pre-internet age can especially appreciate the education, possibilities and resources available at our fingertips today. So now that the world is your oyster, will you dare to take the leap into a job you're passionate about?!
Resources From This Episode:
- Designing Your Life, by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
- The DogTog
- DogTog on Facebook
- Carol on Instagram
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD