We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #004
Date Published: 03/10/2020
Episode Length: 34:16
One of the things pet photographers often tell me is that they just need to develop more confidence. With more confidence, they’d put themselves out there, start booking clients, and finally build the pet photography business they’ve dreamed of. Sound familiar?
In this episode, award-winning photographer and teacher Heather Lahtinen joins me to call BS on this line of thought. Learn why it’s not actually confidence you’re after, and how to reframe your thinking around improving your craft.
What To Listen For:
- The difference between comparison and inspiration, and inspiration vs. copying
- How a lack of confidence can lead to unhappy customers
- The importance of determining your core values
- How feeling stressed out is actually a gift
- Why you need to master the art of taking terrible photographs 🙂
Hear how to outsmart your self-sabotaging brain, shift your focus away from lack, and build a business—and a life!—that’s aligned with your deepest values.
Resources From This Episode:
- Hair of the Dog Academy: https://hairofthedogacademy.com
- Steal Like An Artist, by Austin Kleon: https://austinkleon.com/steal/
- The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield: https://stevenpressfield.com/books/the-war-of-art/
- Heather’s Core Values exercise: https://www.dropbox.com/s/12xhn1gb5004t1p/FA%20Values.pages?dl=0
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hodcommunity/
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD