We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
Podcast Episode Number: #005
Date Published: 03/17/2020
Episode Length: 20:44
Repeat after me: I can get paid well while doing work that I love!
Determining prices for your pet photography business often feels like throwing a dart at the wall. Are you charging too much? Too little? Will you ever land one of those four-figure sales you see other photographers talking about on Facebook??
This episode covers how to approach your pricing strategy, and how to think about the value you're offering potential customers. Whether you're looking to shoot high-volume, low-cost or take on only the occasional high-end client, it's important to be deliberate in creating your pricing model and the business structure that supports it.
What To Listen For:
- How to avoid the common pricing mistake most photographers make
- What “brand alignment” means, and why it’s critical for your business
- Why creating amazing images isn’t enough to justify high prices
- One super-simple way to increase your perceived value
Don’t forget that when you leave a review (wherever you listen to podcasts), you can include questions about whatever’s been a challenge for you in your business. This is the stuff of future podcast episodes, so take advantage of the opportunity to ask!
Resources From This Episode:
- Hair of the Dog Academy: https://hairofthedogacademy.com
- FREE Pet Photography Pricing Class: https://learn.hairofthedogacademy.com/pricing
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hodcommunity/
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD