We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE ON SPOTIFY
Podcast Episode Number: #060
Date Published: 04/06/2021
Episode Length: 52:34
060 – Even if you're an experienced pet photographer, commercial animal photography is a whole different beast. This week I'm reviving an info-rich Facebook Live conversation from 2018 with Jamie Piper, the OG of commercial animal work.
If you've been curious about shooting for businesses—and doing it the right way—this is a must-listen. Jamie drops plenty of truth bombs (plus a few well-timed swears) learned over her 17 years as a commercial photographer.
What To Listen For:
- How to start building a compelling commercial portfolio
- Who you need on your team to be successful in the commercial world
- The four elements your image licensing agreements need to define
- Why Jamie chooses WeTransfer over Dropbox for image-file sharing
- The trouble with boutique animal-focused stock sites
- A money-making opportunity that's still wide open
If our conversation leaves you hungry for more, you'll want to pick up Jamie's comprehensive, no-BS guide to succeeding in the dog-eat-dog world of commercial work. And through April 12th, you'll save 20% with the discount code hod20apr21.
Resources From This Episode:
- The Business of Commercial Photography Facebook group
- The Big Commercial Photography Bundle (20% off through 4/12 – code above!)
- Getty Image Price Calculator
- Pond5 stock video site
- American Photographic Artists (APA)
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Resources from this episode: