We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE ON SPOTIFY
Podcast Episode Number: #025
Date Published: 08/04/2020
Episode Length: 23:00
Can you see them? There in the distance, silhouetted against the setting sun, cresting the hill of Economic Recession with cameras in hand?
Yup, friends, it's all but inevitable. In times like these, armies of cheap photographers march into the marketplace, imagining our line of work as an easy way to make a quick buck. Are they wrong? Eh, maybe not…there's a demand for most every level of service. And if you want to run yourself ragged doing high-volume/low-cost photography, you can find a way to make that work.
But in this week's podcast, I talk about why an influx of cheap photographers represents exactly zero threat if you're interested in building a truly sustainable, profitable boutique business—which I highly recommend!
What To Listen For:
- The triangle model of possible business attributes
- How to differentiate yourself from bargain-basement photographers
- The paralysis your clients suffer if you don't offer this in your business
- Six things every successful boutique business needs
- And one extra step to cement your awesomeness in the minds of your clients
If you're still in the early stages of your journey as a pet photographer, you'll definitely want to check out a few free resources I mention in this episode (links below)!
Resources From This Episode:
- $460 Nordstrom beach towel (no judgment here if that's your thing)
- Loom free video-messaging app
- FREE Hair of the Dog Pricing 101 course
- FREE Pet Photography Editing 101 course
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Resources from this episode: