We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE ON SPOTIFY
Podcast Episode Number: 045
Date Published: 08/30/2022
Episode Length: 47:23
As you might have heard by now, the Hair of the Dog Summit is coming back from Sept.13-15. But in the meantime, I thought it would be really fun to replay some of the podcast episodes of some of our Summit speakers.
In this replay, we bring you one of my favorites ever! This was Using Video to Book More Clients with Andrew Hellmich! Enjoy!
045 – How do you create a personal connection with potential new clients, when their inboxes are overflowing and they're unlikely to answer the phone? According to Australian photographer and podcast host Andrew Hellmich, the secret to standing out is video.
In this engaging episode, Andrew shares a long list of ideas, resources, and insider tricks for using video to boost your business. And don't worry—his ideas are as simple to execute as they are brilliant. Leave your DSLR on the shelf, and start leveraging the power of quick-and-easy videos to fill your calendar.
What To Listen For:
- The importance of giving a face to your personal brand
- A simple strategy to build relationships with local businesses
- Who you should invite to crash your videos (your viewers will thank you!)
- How to leverage short, simple videos to rank higher in search
- What it means to use a “dog-whistle headline”
- Ways to repurpose your video content for maximum mileage
After listening to this episode, there's no doubt you'll be convinced of the value of using video. But if you're feeling awkward or unsure about the execution side, you'll want to join Andrew's Daily Vlog Challenge. It's a safe space for getting comfy with video, and he's giving away spots to FIVE lucky winners! Be sure to listen 'til the end for details.
Resources From This Episode:
- PhotoBiz Xposed
- Daily Vlog Challenge
- Nicole's appearance on Andrew's podcast
- Brian Bossamy on Andrew's podcast
- BombBomb (video email with built-in GIFs)
- Loom (screen and video recording software)
- Bonjoro (desktop recorder and mobile app)
- Rev (video transcription service)
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Free Hair of the Dog Community
- Hair of the Dog Summit (Sept.13-15)
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Resources from this episode: