We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE ON SPOTIFY
Podcast Episode Number: #051
Date Published: 02/02/2021
Episode Length: 1:05:00
051- Turns out, returning guest Charlotte Reeves and I have a *lot* of thoughts when it comes to camera gear! Not surprising, I guess, for two pet photographers who've been shooting for a collective 25 years. 😯 Join our lively conversation and get the lowdown on the latest gear options, plus stories about scammers, soggy dogs and my enormous man-hands.
What To Listen For:
- What to consider when choosing your camera body
- How to build up your kit if you're just starting out
- The lenses we couldn't live without—and the one that I'm drooling over!
- Which lens brands tend to require micro-adjustments
- The advantages and disadvantages of using a lens adapter
- Practical ways to use Animal Eye AF (and when you should avoid it)
If you've found yourself frustrated that you can't nail your shots, well, it might be a matter of needing more practice. But it might also be that the gear you have isn't suited to the job you're asking it to do. After listening to this episode, you'll be well-equipped to make better decisions about buying (or selling!) your gear.
Resources From This Episode:
- Learn Pet Photography (home of the Free Daily Tip series!)
- Charlotte Reeves Photography
- Charlotte's Working with Natural Light course
- Charlotte's RealShoots series
- HOD Podcast Episode 17: Location Scouting Secrets w/Charlotte
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Resources from this episode: