We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE ON SPOTIFY
Podcast Episode Number: #059
Date Published: 03/30/2021
Episode Length: 43:50
059 – Alex Vita of Foreground Web has been building websites exclusively for photographers for the past 13 years. And in that time, he's seen a lot of change. But the one constant—something that's about to get even more important with Google's upcoming algorithm change—is the need to write for actual human beings, not an army of bots.
This week, Alex joins me to talk about the common website and SEO mistakes photographers make, and how YOU can avoid them.
What To Listen For:
- Why focusing too much on SEO is a big mistake
- What blogging is and what it isn't—plus a long list of post ideas
- How to help guide your readers with a lil' thing called “behavior flow”
- The huge performance bottleneck you must avoid on your website
- Why Alex prefers WordPress over Squarespace…
- …and the common platform he's adamantly against
Cue up this latest episode for tons of actionable search-optimization tips!
Resources From This Episode:
- Foreground Web
- Google Page Speed Insights & GTmetrix (free page-speed tools)
- Newsfeed Eradicator (for Chrome)
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Hair of the Dog Facebook group
- Hair of the Dog Elevate
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Resources from this episode: