We are sorry that you didn't love this episode
We can improve
How we can do better next time?
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE ON SPOTIFY
Podcast Episode Number: #145
Date Published: 05/24/2022
Episode Length: 38:23
145 – For many of us, seeing our photography on a dog-food bag or in a Ruffwear catalog would be a dream come true. If the enormous ego boost wasn't satisfying enough, how 'bout that high-dollar payday?!
Not so fast, compadre. This week, J. Nichole Smith and I deliver some real talk on the world of commercial animal photography—and why it might not be for you. Or maybe it is! Find out what qualities make for a successful commercial photographer, and if it's something you want to, ahem, shoot for.
What To Listen For:
- How to know if you're ready for commercial work
- What the data says about the most successful pet-related images
- The best type of small business to start working with
- How to handle the financial exposure of large commercial shoots
- When you need to enlist a contract lawyer (and when to skip it)
Think commercial work is in your future? Eager to learn more? Join me and Nichole for an upcoming free training on June 8—we're spilling the secrets other photographers in the biz don't want to share!
Resources From This Episode:
- FREE Hair of the Dog commercial photography training
- Episode 65: The Power of Color and Why, with J. Nichole Smith
- Hair of the Dog Academy
- Free Hair of the Dog Community
- Hair of the Dog Elevate
Download a PDF transcript for this episode:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Resources from this episode: